Pitara is an intelligent photo cataloging, searching & TAGging tool for your photos on PC.
Idea is to stop paying subscription fees to iCloud or Google Photos. Rather keep your photos with you!
Add custom TAGs or keywords
Add custom TAGs to a collection of photos. Search them later by those keywords.
Search like Google
Use a combination of location, date, time, seasons, weekend, weekdays, camera model. Or pretty much any combinations of the allowed photo META keywords. Some examples –
- Search photos clicked in 2020 during Summer weekends – 2020 Summer Weekend
- Photos taken on Christmas in Hawaii – Christmas Hawaii
- Date night photos from January – January night weekend 9pm
- Possibilities are endless (a huge list of sample queries coming soon.)
Narrow down photos taken around an hour
When you click a photo, Pitara creates a query to show photos taken around that hour. Simply click the link to see photos taken around that hour.
All keywords that are possible to use in the search are displayed as hints when you type in the search. So you don’t have to worry about mistyping or remembering keywords, as long as you remember few letters.
Several auto-generated albums
Pitara auto-creates several albums for you based on places you visited, times, camera models, festivals, folder names.
Saved favorite queries
When you stumble upon a good collection of photos based on your search query, you can save that query to favorites for easy access later.
Search for that cool gym selfie
- Say your gym days are Tuesday and Wednesday nights and the selfie was clicked during the past year.
- Search query would be – (Monday or Wednesday) night 2019
- You can also add a location say, Redmond if your gym is in Redmond –
- (Monday or Wednesday) night 2019 Redmond
Photos from a concert
- Let’s say that the concert was in the Winter, within 5 years, on a weekend in Oregon.
- Search Query would be – weekend night winter Oregon (2016 or 2017 or 2018 or 2019 or 2020 or 2021)
- Geo coordinates are automatically converted to the location name.
Birthdays from all toddler years
- Say your child was born on May 31, 2009.
- Search query would be – (2009 or 2010 or 2011 or 2012 or 2013) May 31st
Photos from Disney trip
- Search query would be – Anaheim
- If you have visited the place several times during many years, add the year or season – Anaheim 2021
Advance exclusion searches
- Say you took hundreds of photos of Space needle on your trip to Seattle, but you are looking for some specific photo that you took at Alki Beach in Seattle, excluding Space Needle.
- Search query would be– Seattle not (Space or Needle)
Simple wildcard searches
- Want to search for all photos of all the Christmas since the year 2000?
- Search query would be – 25th Decem* 200*
- Note, how you don’t have to type the whole word. Pitara understands December and 200* will translate to 2000, 2001, 2002 .. and so on. Isn’t it cool?
I don’t know how to search that
- Fair, if you want to search for something but have no idea how to write the query for that? Feel free to contact us, we will help create any complex query possible with the tool. You can save that in your favorite for easy access later.